Tuesday, September 11, 2007

a few things...

i got an email from my friend this morning that made me laugh. i won't embarrass claire by mentioning her name. it said:
"First rule of blogging - be sure to update for those of us who have no life outside of reading about other people's lives! I know you have NOTHING else going on, so come on!!! Love,Your loyal audience :-)"
funny. but i have actually been thinking of a few things to write. first of all, what is on my mind most is my appointment with my OB this morning. at my 36 week appointment, i asked her how big she thought the baby is. people keep asking and i keep forgetting to get that information. she tells me 7 pounds. i said NOW? yes. that is just her estimate. i said, isn't it true that the baby puts on a pound a week. yes. i have 4 weeks left. yes. at this point, you can visualize my look of complete shock and picking my mouth up off the floor. so i then reminded her that i had a 9lb. 9oz. baby last time and i DO NOT want to go through that again much less anything worse. she even looked concerned at this point. maybe she thought that i would pass out. she said that at my appointment next week, i should ask the doctor (she is the nurse) about all this and have her estimate the size and ask to be induced. she said there is a chance that she would induce me at 38 weeks. i will walk into that office next week hoping and praying that is what she says. unfortunately, i probably won't stop thinking about it until then. i can be so neurotic.

No comments: